For digital marketers to do their work effectively, there is some particular tool they must have at their fingertips to stand out among all competitors.
Once it comes to the digital marketing business, there are some tools that you are expected to take advantage of in other to be on top of the game.
There are lots of digital marketers everywhere, but only those who have a good track record are on top of the game.
Now the big question will be,
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is simply the marketing of products or/and services via digital means. Unlike traditional marketing where newspapers, magazines, posters, handbills, etc. are used for marketing. Digital marketing deals with digital methods of marketing.
You may want to readTop 5 Digital Marketing Challenges and their Best Solutions.
Digital marketing is no doubt the best way to market products and services in this generation.
With digital marketing, your marketing strategies can easily get to potential customers with just little effort.
While embracing digital marketing, most time it is your customers that find you, this makes the conversion rate of digital marketing very high.
Good digital marketing, making good use of the appropriate tools has proved to give over 19.3% conversion, which is better than the old advertising medium.
Below this page is a 2 munites video which explains digital marketing visually.
For this reason, I am going to list and explain all the necessary tools every good digital marketer must make use of to be at their best, and keep their game on high.
Best tools for digital marketing
1. Social media marketing tools
Social mediaare interactiveonlinetechnologies that facilitate the creation and sharing ofinformation, interests, ideas, as well as other forms of expression via networks andvirtual communities.
The most common social media tools are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snap Chat. These tools have been very impressive but used frequently and abused as well.
We have a list of social media tools that can be much more effective aside for the popular ones.
- Buffer: Use for post scheduling across several platforms.
- MeetEdgar: This is a social network scheduling tool.
- Sprout Social: An all-in-one marketing tool for social media.
- Hootsuite: For post scheduling on different social media platforms.
- SocialOomph: This can be used for bulk upload of updates with a click.
- IFTTT: Among several other functions, it is best used to send tweets any time you make a new post on Instagram.
- BuzzSumo: with this platform, you can select keywords and find a breakdown of some of the most popular trending posts on those keywords, with the list of those who are sharing that content.
- Oktopost: Best used to manage robust social media teams as well as content schedules.
- Feedly: It is. A content aggregator, which can be used to get content from any number of different areas, combining ideal reading material into a single feed.
- Tagboard: A social listening tool, best used for monitoring brands and product mentions.
- Everypost: can be used to curate content by pulling together multimedia from YouTube, Instagram, RSS feeds, Flickr, and so on.
- Followerwonk: it helps analyze and optimize all your Twitter audience, suggesting people you should follow, and also helps to grow your audience.
- Bitly: it allows you to shorten and customize URLs to look more pretty and fit across all your social media channels.
- Agora Pulse: It allows you to view how your social media marketing campaign is up against your competitors. Also, a perfect solution for social media management.
- Tailwind: it helps you to succeed on Instagram and Pinterest.
- CrowdBooster: best used for delivering real-time data for quick accessibility.
- Audiense: a social tool that lets you know new target audiences, and understands your audience and how they tick, it also helps to optimize your audience activities at scale with reports and tracking.
- Visage: This tool helps you to design optimized social media graphics for each platform.
- Brand24: This tool helps you to be aware of what people are saying about your brand.
- Socedo: This tool can detect people on social media who fit your buyer; it makes use of real-time social behavior to pre-qualify those people.
2. Image editing tools
You will agree with me when I say “an image can describe a thousand words by just a mere look.” Digital marketers create and edit images daily.
If you are into digital marketing and don’t make use of image editing tools, then you may be wondering which tools are best for image editing.
There are lots of available tools, both free, premium, and paid. But I will list only those that successful digital marketers have rated very high.
- Photoshop: This seems to be the most popular image editor, image creator, and image designing tool. Fantastic for producing high-quality images with beautiful effects.
- Gimp: This app works very similar to photoshop, it is great for producing banners or tweaking images.
- Pixlr: This is a free online base image editor tool, with a user-friendly interface.
- Sumopaint: This is a new app that has beautiful filters and tools for excellent designs.
3. Infographic and chart tools
- Infogr.am: used to create good-looking visual data.
- Piktochart: Comes with hundreds of themes creating Infographics in just a few minutes.
- Visual.ly: With this tool, you can connect to your Google Analytics, Twitter, or Facebook account to have your own beautifully presented data.
- Easel.ly: It provides users with a friendly interface to make compelling infographics images. It comes with themes, backgrounds, and shapes.
- Wordle: This is an excellent tool for creating quick images for your posts, blog, and emails.
- Tagul: is a much more advanced word cloud generator with custom colors, fancy effects, and several types of shapes.
4. Analytics tools
The analytics tools are essential to keep good track of stats and traffic on different platforms. Listed below are the top analytics tools best for digital marketers.
- Cyfe: With Cyfe, you can integrate all of your online marketing analytics into a dashboard. It helps ease analytics comparison stress.
- Mixpanel: With this tool, you can mine your data and segment it, and visualize it in several forms, it also gives you the ability to use bookmarks and annotations for reports and events.
- Kissmetrics: It helps digital marketers in decision-making. It does this by analyzing intelligent audience behavior on certain things and helping to engage with automation.
- Moz Pro: Thisis an SEO analytics tool built by specialists, in other to provide intelligent devices and data that will help marketers and SEO professionals generate actionable and practical insights.
- SEMrush: This is an analytics reporting tool that allows seeing a wealth of information such as keyword analysis to discover what your competitors are using, find new organic competition, have a look at their ad strategies and budgets, analyze ad copy and keywords. It also helps you to find new publishers and more.
- Hotjar: Thisis an analytics and feedback dashboard, which helps you to understand your web and mobile website visitors truly.
5. Email marketing tools
Email marketing tools are among the most cost-effective digital marketing platform. They are straightforward to manage; it provides you with full control and allows you to establish contact with your potential customers.
Some of the active email marketing tools are; Mail Chimp, Reach Mail, Litmus, Target Hero, Mad Mimi, Drip, Cake Mail, Flashissue, Mailjet, Constant Contact, AWeber, GetResponse, iContact, Zoho, ToutApp, BenchMark, LeadPages, Infusionsoft, Campaign Monitor, Campaigner, Vertical Response, ActiveCampaign, YesWare.
To learn more about digital marketing, please watch the video below.
Video credit: YouTube
Ways to Market Your Business at Little or No Cost
I decided to include this article here because I know it will be of utmost importance for anybody reading this article on Best Digital Marketing Tools.
Most modern businesses of a certain size will have their own marketing department – or at least a marketing professional on the books.
In fact, despite the gloomy economic outlook for the next few years, many firms upped their marketing spend in the last quarter of 2011, proving that many companies view marketing as a good way of holding out against dim future prospects.
But what about those firms that can’t afford to nudge up their outgoings in the current climate, or who feel that they’re already doing as much as they can to push their brand?
There are a few ways to integrate simple and small marketing techniques that when executed together will make the most of your cash, and time.
Try advertising in places that won’t cost you any money. Examples of these include the side/bodies of your company vehicles or on any property you own/operate from.
Of course, this should be done within reason, and the type of business/service you’re advertising will largely determine how you carry this out.
If done subtly enough even a solicitor’s office or financial institution can get away with this type of marketing.
Another advertising option which isn’t free but very cheap is merchandise. Again this might sound corny, but done right could pay off.
Think of how many branded pens for example you have lying around, that come in useful in the mad rush to write down a telephone number and then stay with you for months, all the time drilling that companies name into your head.
The same goes for packaging; if shops can have you walking around with their name across your bags then what’s to stop you from doing the same with your industry’s equivalent?
In some industries business cards are de rigueur (prescribed or required by fashion, etiquette ) but in others, they are rarely carried by employees, which could be missing a vital opportunity to market the firm.
By encouraging staff to carry business cards that have their job title and the company name/logo on them, staff will be actively advertising the company whilst going about their work.
You can prompt this sort of activity by introducing a policy stating that business cards are required and that they will be provided by the company (with the company logo etc. included).
Also, all new staff can be given a set of cards on employment, thus encouraging the adoption of cards company-wide.
For many firms, social networking sites are the antidote to productivity and hard work, and as these sites gain more and more users employees that work in offices are finding their attention spans wane.
There is however a way to use these sites to your advantage. There’s no suggestion that Facebook will catapult your staff into high-productivity mode but sites like LinkedIn, and if used properly, Twitter can be used to increase the visibility and reach of your business.
By training staff on best practices for these sites – including professionalism when using for work purposes – and encouraging them to join, your presence in the net will increase dramatically.
It’s also useful to get staff blogging on industry topics, using their expertise to add to the information available on the net in the name of the business.
If you love this article, please share it with someone today, using the social media platform. Remember that sharing is caring.
Related tags: best marketing tools | digital marketing tools and techniques pdf | top digital marketing tools | free digital marketing tools | free digital marketing tools | effective marketing tools | digital marketing tools list | digital marketing platform.
- Best Affiliate Marketing Programs In Nigeria
- Internet Marketing Towards Your Online Business Career Success
- Established Methods For Internet Marketing Success
- Aggressive Internet Marketing Made Possible
- 3 Key Questions To Ask About Internet Marketing
What is the most effective digital marketing tool? ›
- Canva. Steve Jobs once said, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” ...
- HubSpot. HubSpot provides a powerhouse of tools to help marketers, but the Hubspot CRM is particularly popular due to its powerful features. ...
- VWO. ...
- Semrush. ...
- Slack. ...
- Asana. ...
- OptinMonster. ...
- Search Engine Optimisation. ...
- Lead Generation. ...
- Video Marketing. ...
- Email Marketing. ...
- Media Monitoring Tools. ...
- Customer loyalty scheme. ...
- PPC or Pay per Click. ...
- Content Marketing. By creating valuable and useful content, you are offering potential customers something they may be interested in.
Allowing marketers to create, test and measure the performance of their campaigns, digital marketing tools ensure that marketers can launch and test campaigns quickly and effectively.What are the 5 marketing tools? ›
- Planning. A vital part of any marketer's job is the planning. ...
- Social media advertising. If you want to be where your audience is, some sort of presence on social media is absolutely essential. ...
- Display Advertising Tools. ...
- Content Marketing. ...
- Email Marketing.
- Deskera CRM.
- Google Analytics.
- Google AdWords.
- Mail Chimp.
- Sales Promotion.
- Public Relations.
- Direct Marketing.
Digital tools are online platforms or software applications leveraged by businesses or individuals to perform quick and optimised functions that ordinarily takes forever to accomplish without them.What are the 7 Ps of marketing? ›
The 7Ps of marketing are – product, pricing, place, promotion, physical evidence, people, and processes.What are 5 emerging digital marketing strategies to try in 2022? ›
- Use More Videos. It feels like marketing tips list for the past decade have talked about video. ...
- Invest in Creating a Strong Brand Image. ...
- Optimize for Voice Search. ...
- Focus on Local SEO. ...
- Don't Neglect B2B Marketing.
Earlier, voice search optimization and artificial intelligence these concepts were formidable, but at present, these latest digital marketing trends are among the prime concerns for most business owners. The dominant trends of 2021 were definitely Chatbots, Personalization, and most importantly, Search!
What are the four C's of digital marketing? ›
The 4Cs (Clarity, Credibility, Consistency, Competitiveness) is most often used in marketing communications and was created by David Jobber and John Fahy in their book 'Foundations of Marketing' (2009).What marketing tools can you use well? ›
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Online Advertising.
- Social Media.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Creation and Design.
- Video Marketing.
- Event Marketing.
- Lead Capture and Conversion.
A SWOT analysis is a framework that marketing teams used to identify their internal strengths and weaknesses, and the external factors that could be affecting the way that their organization is running.What is marketing tools in business? ›
Marketing tools are techniques, resources and digital programs that can help companies promote their products and services effectively. These tools may also help companies implement marketing campaigns and track their progress afterward.Which has to be the most powerful marketing tool? ›
Well you can and that tool is the internet, the most powerful marketing tool on earth with almost limitless reach. Many small businesses feel that old-school marketing tactics are sufficient. If this sounds like you, then you aren't utilizing the internet to its full potential.Which form of digital marketing is better SEO or PPC? ›
We've seen that SEO click-through rates are higher than PPC, meaning that it has the potential to drive significantly higher volumes of organic traffic your way. In addition, your cost per acquisition (CPA) is going to be much lower using SEO than PPC.What are the four C's of digital marketing? ›
The 4Cs (Clarity, Credibility, Consistency, Competitiveness) is most often used in marketing communications and was created by David Jobber and John Fahy in their book 'Foundations of Marketing' (2009).What's trending in digital marketing? ›
Earlier, voice search optimization and artificial intelligence these concepts were formidable, but at present, these latest digital marketing trends are among the prime concerns for most business owners. The dominant trends of 2021 were definitely Chatbots, Personalization, and most importantly, Search!What are the 4 main marketing tools? ›
- Sales Promotion.
- Public Relations.
- Direct Marketing.
- DT Assessment Tool.
- Microsoft Teams.
- Zoom Video Communications.
- Whatsapp Business.
- Sage Cloud Accounting.
- Google Workspace.
What are the 5 ways of social media marketing? ›
- Create a Strategy. Each platform needs its strategy. ...
- Be Consistent. While posting consistency depends on the platform, posting content regularly is always a good rule of thumb to follow. ...
- Create Engaging & Interesting Content. ...
- Engagement. ...
- Track and Analyze Metrics.
SEO vs Paid Search: Cost of Placement
As a result, the costs associated with paid search ads can escalate quickly. SEO has no direct cost. Placement in organic results is provided for free by search engines, making it a much more cost-effective strategy over the long term.
SEO is for organic traffic – so that's unpaid or free listings, and SEM is for targeted ads that you pay for. They can be complementary but only if the website itself is SEO-friendly first, then SEM has a greater chance of being successful.What are the 7 P's of marketing? ›
It's called the seven Ps of marketing and includes product, price, promotion, place, people, process, and physical evidence.What are the 3 ingredients of digital marketing? ›
At its highest level, digital marketing has three main components: Lead Generation, Lead Capturing, and Lead Nurturing.How do you market effectively? ›
- #1. Set a Goal and a Budget.
- #2. Build Your Influence.
- #3. Leveraging Employees as Thought Leaders.
- #4. Champion One Social Channel.
- #5. Build Rapport through Email.
- #6. Blog Strategically.
- #7. Conduct Research That Impacts Your SEO.
- #8. Teach Others.
The future of digital marketing looks promisingly bright and secure. The basic principle right now for every business is to make a place for themselves in the digital world with the help of digital marketers that are creative, innovative and updated. This upward trend of growth in digital marketing is here to stay.What is the next big thing in digital marketing? ›
Influencer marketing is the next big thing in digital advertising.Who is the father of digital marketing? ›
Philip Kotler ... The “father of digital marketing,” Philip Kotler, is often referred to as such. He is an American professor who is credited with founding marketing as an academic discipline and has produced over 60 marketing books.